Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oil City



There's a town in Pennsylvania, where I've lived and laughed and cried,
Where I spent my youth, and raised my kid, and where I'll probably die,
That is very precious to me, that's my haven here on Earth.
Where life goes on, despite our fears, and people still give birth.
Where some still meet, and fall in love, while others move away.
Here some still curse the darkness, and others there still pray.
Lord knows it isn't perfect, and you can't call it clean...
But the sky is blue, the air is clean, and the grass and trees are green.
Where some are rich and others poor, and others just get by.
With very few exceptions, the people here still try.
Where there is room for progress, respect for traditions, too.
But bigotry, and crime and hate...we have no room for you!
Yet some sneaks in, but mostly, you'll find the people there,
Will work for truth and honesty, and find the time to care.
So if one day you find yourself while driving all around,
Come in, sit down, enjoy yourself...you're welcome in our town.

No comments:

Post a Comment